Sunday, June 8, 2008

June Update

Participating in the 23 Things on a Stick helped me to overcome my fear of joining online groups or websites. As of right now, I think I am a "member" of about 20 different sites on the internet, something I never would have dreamed of doing before. Two of the sites I just joined this past week. I became a member of a Yahoo group to connect with others in the area that share my interest in letterboxing. I also joined Dave's Garden , which is a fabulous gardening site, offering plant information, discussion groups, book and supplier reviews, etc. Members can keep an online journal of all of their gardening activites, and even have a personal gardening blog on the site. Lots of fun, and a great source for information, too.

1 comment:

La-la said...

Isn't it fun to be brave enough to find and try new things on the internet? There is just so much information out there for help, fun, all kinds of things. I think by sharing links with others it gives all of us the courage to go ahead and join up and use the information.
Thanks for the link to Daves Garden, sounds like something I would like. I will have to investigate it further when I have some time. Looks like a big site with lots of info.
I also see in your 'library' a book called Small Batch Baking. How do you like that book? Do you use it? I would love to make something for just 2 people for dessert without having so much left over. Thanks for sharing your library.