Sunday, January 27, 2008

Thing #3 RSS Account and Feeds

I decided to use Google Reader for my RSS account, because others had mentioned in their blogs that Bloglines was confusing, frustrating, and difficult to set up. I had no problems at all with Google Reader. All I did was log in and it was there and ready to go. I subscribed to a few 23 things blogs, and to several other interesting sites (Who can live without The Daily Kitten?)

I like Google Reader. It has a great "Discover and Search" page where you can subscribe to pre-packaged Feed bundles on different topics, such as News, Sports, Technology, etc. Or, you can search a topic of your own and receive a list of sites with RSS feeds. It is easy to preview the sites before you decide to subscribe, and if you change your mind, a click of the mouse will delete the site from your list.

No comments: