Monday, March 10, 2008

Thing #18 YouTube Videos



I had fun browsing the many, many videos on YouTube. I wish that I had a faster internet connection, though. It took a long time to get videos loaded so I could watch them. I chose this one because it shows a real library cat who "works" at the Pine River Library. His name is Browser (cute). I also chose it because it is relatively short. It was very simple to add it to my blog. Libraries could create YouTube videos to promote services or special events, and then add them to their websites. Patrons could be referred to this site if they wanted to view short videos on a certain subject. For example, YouTube offers over 200 videos under the subject of "Knitting Instruction". The site also offers music videos and interviews with authors, etc.

No comments: