Friday, February 22, 2008

Thing #12 Social Media Sites

After exploring the various sites, I decided to join Digg. I liked how you could customize which kinds of news you wanted to view. I submitted an article from the BBC News into their "offbeat" section, and browsed around, "digging" a few articles as I went. I came across an interesting slideshow of an Albino moose-the pictures were taken in Montana. This item has received 3472 diggs so far. Although I liked this site, and many of the articles were very interesting, it can really be a time-waster. Its kind of like reading an on-line magazine. I'm not convinced that social media sites are actually a better way to become "in the know" than traditional news sites or news media, but they are certainly an interesting alternative, and something to be aware of.

Albino Moose
Originally uploaded by pizzler



1 comment:

La-la said...

It's funny, I hated Digg and prefered Mixx. We all have our own likes and dislikes even in similar 'things', I guess that is why there are many to choose from.
I also see you got the links working! Keep up the good work.