Friday, February 15, 2008

Thing #9 Online Collaboration Tools

This Thing was frustrating. When I tried to edit the document in GoogleDocs, it wouldn't let me because I didn't "have permission", so I e-mailed the team, who sent me another link to the document. I still could not edit the document, because I had to "sign in". Since I have a Google account, I signed in, and finally I was able to edit. (However, the instructions said we didn't need to have an account...) Google Docs was easy enough to use, the font size was nice and big, and you could click on the revisions tab to view the changes that had been made, when & by whom. This tool would be useful to students working on a group report. I never did get into ZOHO. I emailed and got my "invitation" to edit, but when I clicked the link, all I could do was view the document.

No comments: