Friday, February 29, 2008

Thing #13 On-line Productivity Tools

I used iGoogle to set up a customized start page, since I already had a Google account. I started by deleting most of the "default" things ( like You-tube, CNN, How-to of the Day) because they were things I didn't need. Then I added a few of the many available widgets, the local weather forecast, and Google Calendar. I don't know if having this page will actually increase my productivity, but it is nice to have everything in one spot. I am having problems with the Google calendar--maybe they are related to the change to daylight savings time. All of my appointments for the week of 3/9 -3/15 are showing up on my agenda as one hour earlier than I entered them. When I go to Google calendar, the correct times are still in there, but for some reason, the wrong times are showing up on my start page. In order for an online calendar to be useful, it needs to be accurate. I guess I'll stick to the regular calendar that I carry with me in my purse. I tried TaDa list, it was easy to do, but I didn't see any real advantage to having my lists online, other than I can't lose them. Backpack looks great for businesses where people collaborate on group projects, but it was way too detailed for my personal use.

No comments: